Video Gaming >> Are newer games destroying gaming?
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Getting poll results. Please wait...
Are newer games destroying gaming?
Yes, game producers should worry more about the gameplay
Its fine the way it is
No, they make perfect gameplay and better graphics nowadays

Sunday 20 November 2011 - 02:20:56
Within the past few year, there have been much debate about how gaming
has taken a wrong turn. On one side, people complain about

"ZOMG, how come is all about the graficks and not about the gameplay"
and others say
"ZOMG, the graficks are sooo good, they make the game play better"

Do you think game producers are more worried about graphics and how
pretty they can make the game rather than how well it plays or the true
experience?

Share your thoughts

Sunday 20 November 2011 - 02:24:19
Yes it is destroying gaming and no it isn't destroying gaming.

Yes: COD is an abomination.

No: Skyrim is one of the greatest RPGs I've ever played.

Wednesday 23 November 2011 - 22:07:29
I couldn't care less about graphics in my opinion the games with the worse graphics are better than the games with good ones.Going back to what Merc said games uch as COD have good graphics but crap gameplay, but skyrim isn't all about the graphics and the gameplays amazing.

Monday 12 March 2012 - 17:52:47
I find many European games are really amazing, yet they have bad graphics. Case in point: Europa Universalis 3, Mount and Blade, etc

Monday 12 March 2012 - 20:17:31

citation :
exnoctemnacimur says : I find many European games are really amazing, yet they have bad graphics. Case in point: Europa Universalis 3, Mount and Blade, etc

Not going to comment on games since I've touched a proper pc in 2 years But welcome to the forums!

Tuesday 13 November 2012 - 16:47:05
I would have to say the producers need to find a Balance between The Eye candy and the substance in the game. I mean COD has fairly good graphics, but a lot of the gameplay is garbage and they fix more of the issues along the lines of how appealing the game looks.

Sunday 09 December 2012 - 13:34:03

citation :
PsychoPenguin says : I would have to say the producers need to find a Balance between The Eye candy and the substance in the game. I mean COD has fairly good graphics, but a lot of the gameplay is garbage and they fix more of the issues along the lines of how appealing the game looks.

Could you be more specific about the gameplay being garbage? I mean, I know it's not the best thing in the world. But the creators have tried to cater for all types of players. Such as stealth addicts who like S&D or more guns than brains players who like Team Death Match. I think they've put a gameplay for everyone.

Tuesday 11 June 2013 - 07:19:03
There is Nothing wrong with modern gaming. Perhaps you are simply taking a shallow look at things and only judging on mainstream games, like the COD series. I agree those, those are bad games that pander to an inelequent audience with no real grasp of gameplay, but I digress. But you have to see that there are a lot of games available and many new installments on various platforms are truly great in their own right. For instance, many new titles on the 3DS, my favourite console, are very high quality in both design and gameplay. Luigi's Mansion 2, Super Mario 3D world, Castlevania, Monster Hunter, Fire Emblem and the list goes on.

I feel you need to take a deeper look into modern gaming, especially indie PC gaming.

Tuesday 11 June 2013 - 16:23:41
The only modern game I play is that mindfuck Yume Nikki, and it's made entirely by one recluse Japanese guy.
Other than that, I only play N64 and Gamecube. I don't really know anything about modern games.