Heavy/Power Metal >> About cover songs
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Tuesday 09 June 2015 - 22:35:48

I like covers and bands who are playing them (well). For example, I didn't like Dio at that time . I felt that his Voice just put brakes to the riffs ((my apologize to Dio's fans, this is just my impression). Listening the recent compilation "A light in the dark" (tribute to Ronnie James Dio), where bands such as Metal Inquisitor, Messenger, Burden Of Grief, Iron Fate and others are playing his legendary "The last in line", "Neon Knights" (Burden Of Grief is amazing playing this song with its harsh vocal), etc., I finally love Dio songs. I'm also not fan of Deep Purple hard-rock, but I like so much "Solider of Fortune" played by Black Majesty or "Smoke on the water" played by Metallium....and so on.
To conclude: In my opinion, playing covers are in the Spirit of Metal: provide consideration of the present bands to the predecessors and bring different stuffs on already made things as well.

Monday 31 August 2015 - 12:35:12

I like so much "Solider of Fortune" played by Black Majesty or "Smoke on the water" played by Metallium....and so on.